TRACER 8 Detailed scientific program
Discover the detailed scientific program of TRACER 8: the topics of the sessions, the organization of the days, the day and the hour of your intervention ...
Welcome to Tracer 8
Welcome to the 8th International Conference on Tracers and Tracing Methods!
After Oslo – Norway in June 2011 and Marrakech – Marocco in octobre 2014, the International Society for Tracer and Radiation Applications (ISTRA) is honored to welcome you for this 8th edition in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam.
We are pleased to invite you to the 2019 edition of the International Conference on Tracers and Tracing Methods which will be held from Tuesday 26th February, 2019 to Thursday 28th February, 2019, and will take place at the Grand Tourane Hotel in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam.
Book now these dates in your schedule, we look forward to welcome you in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam next year!
The Organizing Committee
Tracer 2019 : Tracing Methods and Technics, Hydrodynamics Modeling and Simulation
The conference focuses on hydrodynamics studies using tracing methods: development and fundamental researches in interpretation of tracings, residence time distribution (RTD), systemic modeling and newer approaches such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD with or without reactions) and Compartmental modeling. The conference is also open to presentations about new technical features concerning tracers, methods, devices, and applications.
The conference is not limited to a scientific field, but is open to every kind of applications of tracing in industry, science, medicine, etc., from very large scale to microscopic scale.
The conference is also open to innovation and breakthrough applications of tracing in new industrial and scientific fields.
Examples of scientific and application fields discussed in the conference:
New tracers, techniques and equipment
- New tracers (including radiotracers, non-radioactive tracers, isotopic ratios, nanoparticles)
- New techniques and equipment (online, offline, scanning, camera, particle tracking, nucleonic control systems)
- Advanced data treatment and modelling
- Imaging and visualization techniques (e.g. tomography)
Modelling and simulation
- Systemic modelling
- Compartmental modelling
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Numerical residence time distribution (Virtual tracing) and tracer experiments
- Description of systems with hydrodynamics change (depending on time or flow-rate)
- Advanced data treatment
Chemical engineering and related topics
- Chemical industries (Tracers in evaluation of unit process operations, Leak detection)
- Biotechnology and biological engineering,
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food industry and agro-food processes
Oil field evaluations and production
- Tracers for Interwell, Single Well, Downhole studies
- Tracers as diverting materials in hydraulic fracturing
- Fractures packing and flowback monitoring
- Oil and gas processing and petrochemical,
- Electrical plants
- CO2 emission reduction
- Renewable energy applications (geothermal, shale gas, biomass…)
Mining and Metallurgy
- Mineral and metallurgy processes
- Ore fields and metal unit process operations, including environment related evaluations
- Industrial column/pipeline/storage tanks and vessels investigations (tomography, gamma and neutron scanning)
- Activation techniques for wear, erosion and corrosion measurements
- Lube efficiency evaluations (Application of Thin Layer Activation and related techniques)
- Waste and wastewater treatment, disposal and environmental contamination (effluent treatment, air pollution control, landfills, wastewater treatment and recovery facilities, constructed and natural wetlands, soil and groundwater remediation)
- Tracers in water resources research, hydrology, hydrogeology, ecohydrology, leakage through dam, agriculture, ecology, wetlands, geology
- Greenhouse gas tracing, emission reduction
- Sediment transport mechanisms (soil erosion, reservoir sedimentation, siltation and dredging in navigation channels, harbors)
Medical, safety and risk prevention applications
- Process safety
- Prevention of occupational risks
- Ventilation systems characterization using tracers
- Monitoring respiratory protection devices using tracers
- Substituting sulfur hexafluoride (SF6): a challenge
- Tracing for medical examinations and imaging
Other tracing applications
- Drinking water production
- Innovative and breakthrough applications
Radiotracers: regulatory, standardization, accreditation, certification and safety aspects
- Role of regulatory bodies, General criteria for selection of methods and proceedings for safe operations to be established in coordination with the regulatory bodies.
- Accreditation and certification
- Standardization: Quality standards for Licensing (methodologies, laboratories, equipment and personnel), Calibration and maintenance of the instrumentation and equipment.
- General resources required for radiotracers applications (Personnel, Infrastructure, Instrumentation and suggested materials, Use of radioisotope generators)
- General recommendations for on field uses of radiotracers: Handling and safe operation, Radiation protection, Radiotracers transport, Prevent of contamination, Waste disposal, Emergency instructions, How to proceed in case of contamination (general rules and decontamination agents)
Opening of the on-line abstract submission
Opening of the on-line registration
Deadline for abstracts submission
Deadline to register at early bird fees